Friday, November 6, 2009

Entrepreneur

Success and life are a package deal. How many of us focus so much on one part that we neglect other essential parts? Probably the most common violation is the workaholic. Yes, we convince ourselves that it is our responsibility as head of the household to provide a living for our family, and that is true. Now before you get defensive, I have been totally guilty of exactly that logic.

Throwing myself into my work 80 and 90 hours a week with the self-inflicted justification that it was essential seemed like the right decision at the time. Now that I look back and see all of the school events I missed and the landmark occasions in my son’s lives, I question that logic. Was it really worth it? Viewing that decision through the eyes of my sons, the perspective changes.

How many of us have spent so many hours providing for the physical and materialistic needs of our families that we have neglected the mental and emotional needs? As a young high school teacher, before I started my own family, I observed so my students who had every possible materialistic possession. They wore designer clothes. They drove expensive cars. They lived in affluent neighborhoods. Far too many of them were seeking attention and approval, sometimes from the wrong sources. In our striving to provide for the material possessions, it becomes too easy to give money rather than focused time.

As a single mother, I know I am guiltier of that than I would like to admit. Yes, I rushed home from work as quickly as possible and spent every weekend moment possible with the boys; however, I missed far too much. Any of you relate to this scenario? Thought so.

What if there was an alternative where you could set your own schedule and work around your kids activities rather than during those school events? What if I could you’re you a way to earn at least as much income as you do now and have total control of your future earnings? Yes, it really is not only possible but probable.

The home based business industry is the fastest growing industry in the world right now.

People are learning that corporate America does not have the security it once possessed. Jobs are going overseas. Companies are downsizing. Unfortunately some companies are closing their doors totally. Retirement plans were defined benefit plans; the company funded them for the employee, in the 1950s. Retirement plans have now become defined contribution plans, the employee contributes and sometimes the company matches the employee’s contribution. When a defined contribution plan runs out of money, it’s done. Even worse what if the company goes out of business and the retirement plan disappears along with the company?

The only true security and control for the future lies in being an entrepreneur. Business owners control their time, their current earnings, their future earnings and their retirement.

I’ve been and employee, a small business owner (brick and mortar business) and a home based business entrepreneur. Personally speaking, I am so thankful for the opportunities and future as a home based business entrepreneur. I’ve tried the others. I love my life now. Now that I fully grasp the joy of being a home based business owner, I must admit that I am now psychologically unemployable.

Come check it out for yourself. See if this will answer your goals and lifestyle dreams. Visit Elaine4Success.com and enter your information. Let’s design a plan for your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment