Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Power of 5

The first time I learned about the power of 5 was the five things every successful person does every day in their daily method of operation. I am certain you are familiar with these five action items

1. Daily visualization and meditation on your goals. See each of your goals in living color with all 5 of your senses.
2. Income producing activity – lead generation, conversations with leads and follow up after they have reviewed the information
3. Masterminding with other leaders through live phone calls, recorded calls or the very best is live events. Meet and interact with other leaders face to face.
4. Personal development remains one of the most critical elements. Personal growth almost always precedes financial development. You can not grow within and stand still outside yourself.
5. Cultivate the expectation of leadership and success. BE the leader in self talk, feelings, words and actions. DO what the leaders do; take the actions they take. You will HAVE what the leaders have.

The five daily methods of operation items are consistent among all leaders throughout all industries. These items are absolutely essential in the home based business industry. Most home based business entrepreneurs are solopreneurs – a one person company. You are the only one responsible for doing every function. You are a solo act. Hence the term solopreneur, solo entrepreneur.

In order for your business to grow and flourish, you must focus on these five items every day. There is also another power of five which I feel is equally impactful toward your business success.

The second power of five is the practice of determining five action items to do every day to move your business forward. I first learned about this second power of five from Mark Victor Hansen and Jack Canfield. When they were first launching “Chicken Soup for the Soul,” they developed this highly productive habit. Obviously it worked because now we have Chicken Soup for the Everything Imaginable books.

My experience with this simple technique has been fantastic. Every evening before I close my eyes and turn out the lights on the day, I write out a very specific list of five action items to be completed the next day. Two or three of them may be the same every day, but I always tap into my creativity for at least two items every day.

Why do I make the list as the last thing before I put a bow on the day and consider it wrapped and completed? The subconscious mind is the most receptive and most easily programmed immediately before slipping into n alpha sleep and the very first thing in the morning as you emerge from the alpha sleep. Your final thoughts before you drift off to slumberland and the first thoughts when your sleepy eyes flutter open in the morning are the most influential. Make those thoughts very positive to set a positive tone for the new day.

Another interesting fact is that the subconscious mind actually works on the situation for you while you sleep. You may be resting; however, your mind still functions. Why not have your uninterrupted subconscious mind activate its creativity for you. Ever wake in the middle of the night with a fantastic idea? Of course, your mind has remained active and creative. For this precise reason I have a notepad and pen on my bedside table to jot those flashes of inspiration. Once I jot them down, I can go back to sleep and not give it a second thought. If you do not record them on a note pad, you will either forget them or stay partially awake for hours for fear that you will forget that flash of genius.

The power of five has success magic. I highly recommend that you utilize both power of 5 practices. Your personal life, your business and your bank account will thank you.

For more tips and techniques for success, visit me at Elaine4Success.com. Give me your contact information and let me stimulate your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment