Monday, June 15, 2009

I Hear Frustration Everywhere These Days….

I hear frustration everywhere these days - primarily financial. That is certainly understandable with an uncertain stock market, job losses, companies pleading for bailout or even worse, just closing their doors. These are certainly trying times for most of America.
There is hope. The best source of hope is absolutely in your control. It is your own attitude about your situation. You can whine, complain and feel sorry for yourself. Or you can view it as an opportunity to change paths in your life and grow in a new direction. You are probably thinking, "Yeah, but she doesn't know my situation." Don't be too quick to brush me off. I have been there too. I remember very clearly being so broke that I didn't know how I would put food on the table for 2 little boys. No help from family and no child support either.
I made up my mind that if it was to be, it was up to me. I stepped so far out of my comfort zone that I couldn't see far enough backward to find the outside edge of it. This is not only a time of extreme debt, it is a time of exceptional opportunity.
Success really is a matter of choice. It is a firm decision to overcome the odds; burn the ships (if you remember the example of the explorer who sailed to a foreign shore and directed his men to burn the boats. Turning back was not an option.) Many Americans are at precisely that point right now.
How steady are your success legs? Are you strong and fit? Are you determined and focused on your goal? Are you weak, wobbly and ready to give up? The choice really is yours.
You and your family deserve a great life. This may be the time to strengthen your success legs and start taking baby steps or giant steps. No matter what size steps you take, the important thing is to start taking action. Nothing happens until something moves.
It is all in your attitude. Do you have a positive attitude? Whether you say you can or you can't, you are right. I encourage you to say not only that you can but that you will. Take it from one who has been down there and came out on the sunny side. If I can do it, so can you.
Come on America, lets develop our success legs. Lets come out of this economy as winners.

1 comment:

  1. So true, there is more opportunity online now then at any other time in our history. Rhinos charge a new path and cows get led to slaughter it's time for more people to become Rhinos!

    ReplyDelete