Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Turning Point

There are many turning points in life. Or at least there are many opportunities for turning points in life. What you choose to do about those turning points determines your future.

When I was a little girl in 4-H doing my sewing projects, we had original garments and made-over garments. Re-inventing yourself is similar to a made-over garment. In fact, I have re-invented myself several times over the last several decades.

I send a Christmas letter every year. Yes, I know it would be better to write 100 individual letters; however, time simply does not permit hand writing that many letters. I choose to write one big letter to everyone and then also a very short personal note. A few of the people on my annual list are former high school students. I started teaching high school seniors the day of my 21st birthday. Imagine a petite feminine lady walking into that classroom of 40 senior boys; they were 3 years or less younger than I.

Over 40 years later I still hear from several of those students. When I sent the 2008 Christmas letter, I wrote about joining Toastmasters and developing my public speaking. One of the students replied, “Mrs. Love, You are reinventing yourself AGAIN.”

The beauty of an open and agile mind is that it allows for reinventing oneself. You say you are too old to change careers and learn a new business? Really? Grandma Moses started painting after she was 70. John Glenn flew the space mission Discovery when he was 77. My mother married her high school sweetheart when she was 85 and he was 88. The following three years were the happiest of their entire lives. Mom and Pick were like two teenagers in love and enjoying life to the fullest. Don’t tell me you are too old.

I started and finished my master’s degrees after I was 50. I learned tennis, telemark skiing and competitive running after I was 50 and I still enjoy all 3 sports. I hiked the Inca trail in Peru with a 60 pound backpack for my 55th birthday. I joined my first network marketing company after I was 60 and have reached the top level of production and leadership within slightly over 2 years; zero marketing or network marketing experience when I started.

If I can do it, you can do it. The question is how badly do you want success and a better life?

Reinventing yourself is a state of mind. Are you ready for a turning point for the better in your life? Everyone has situations which offer the opportunity to turn our life in a new upward direction. You came here for a reason. Let me help you reinvent yourself.

Marketing presents a small challenge for a determined and persistent mind. Network marketing truly presents a very small challenge for a mature person with an open mind. Think about all of the valuable life experience you possess. Put it to use. I am certainly not ready for a rocking chair. You do not have to settle for your current income or your current lifestyle. Network marketing allows you to reinvent yourself and move your life up a few notches if you are willing to open your mind to a new learning experience and unlimited income. It is your decision.
I find reinventing myself to be not only fun but it also keeps my mind young. Network marketing allows me to enjoy all of these new experiences and new income potential from the comfort of my home. I love my life. How about you?

Come learn about me and lets talk about how you can reinvent yourself and live the life of your dreams instead of settling for a life someone else designed for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment