Monday, August 24, 2009

Always Be Growing - Mind Candy

We all know that what we feed our body, determines our health, our weight and our energy. How much attention are you giving to your mind? What diet are you feeding your mind?

Are you listening and watching the electronic income reducer – TV? How many of those programs actually pick up your spirits and stretch your imagination in a positive direction? If you watch Constantly Negative News, CNN, you generally find depressing news followed by a commercial for an anti-depressant, followed by more negative news and followed by another commercial for another anti-depressant. See a pattern here?

If you continue to feed your body unhealthy food, you will have health problems. The same goes for your mind. If you feed your mind a diet of depression and violence, how can you possibly expect a happy, upbeat outlook on life?

Fill your mind with mental nutrients, especially first thing in the morning and the last thing at night. You subconscious mind is the most receptive when you are just coming out of an alpha state (sleep) and just before you drift into an alpha state. The last thing in your mind before sleep and the first thoughts into your mind when you awake are the most important. Use these times to program your subconscious mind with what you truly desire to achieve.

Avoid television, especially violence or depressing news at least an hour before sleep. Personally, I do not watch television. I prefer to read at least 10 pages of a really good book the last thing before I go to sleep.

The first thing on awakening, I like to read positive affirmations. It sets the tone for the day. The next activity is always my treadmill. I listen to inspirational or educational cds during that time. It not only makes the time go faster but it fills my mind with uplifting and mind stretching thoughts prior to starting my work day. Periodically throughout the day, I repeat the positive affirmations.

I have not listened to regular radio stations in my car. I prefer educational or inspirational cds in my car as well. Even a traffic jam is more tolerable with something soothing and pleasantly stimulating.

What we think about, we bring about. I prefer encouraging and enlightening thoughts and events. How about you? What are you feeding your mind on a daily basis?

No comments:

Post a Comment