Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Its all Energy

Your energy tells you the truth.

There are so many conflicting reports on absolutely everything today. One expert will tell you a high carbohydrate diet is great for you and the next expert will tell you that the answer is a very low carbohydrate diet.

In the 60s they told people over 50 to avoid strenuous exercise. Now the recommendation is to continue to exercise to maintain strength, flexibility and cardio.

What I have learned is my energy always tells me the truth. When I eat the wrong foods or too much food, I feel my energy dip. When I exercise too little, I do not have nearly as much energy as when I maintain a steady exercise routine.

For me, exercise is a staple in my daily routine. I feel so much better. In fact, I frequently receive my most creative ideas on my morning treadmill or on a walk outside in the beautiful Colorado landscape. My exercise is not only for my body but for my head. It releases tension, clears away day to day issues and allows me to free my mind for problem solving.

An added bonus of exercise is that starting my day with regular exercise boosts my metabolism. Few ladies, or gentlemen for that matter, object to a healthy increased metabolism. Why take a weight loss pill when you can simply do a regular exercise routine the first thing every morning and achieve an even better result.

Pay attention to which activities seem to spark a boost of energy. You are most productive when you feel the most enthused and energetic.

On of the best ways to determine if you are working in your "genius" (your highest level of talent and interest) is to check in on your energy.

The food you consume, the exercise you do on a regular basis and the activities you perform all tell you what is best for you. You will feel the best and be the most productive when your energy is higher. Your energy will tell you the truth. Energy has nothing to sell you or any private agenda to promote, it just is.

Pay attention to your energy during and after eating. Sugar or caffeine may give you a fast energy boost and then follow with an energy crash. Pay attention to the aftereffect as well.

Another energy test is "how much did you accomplish?"

Energy is a significant key. Be honest with yourself and your energy will guide you to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment