Monday, August 10, 2009

Its all in your head

It’s all in your head

I recently had an interesting and revealing experience. I was frustrated that I had set some very high goals and life seemed to be throwing up roadblocks right and left. Have you ever felt that way? Sure. If we are honest, all of us have experienced that from time to time.

The scary thing is that if you dwell on that obstacle, it looms larger and larger. It is back to my constant reminder that you will receive more of whatever you give your time, energy and focus. The more you let your thoughts continue to swirl around the “poor me” and “why is this happening to me” pattern, the more you will add bricks to the top of that brick wall.

I hit one of those roadblocks on Friday. I had just sent out the link to my blog to several of my business associates. No sooner had I finished sending out the link than I discovered that my blog had been shut down. Was I happy? Absolutely not. The first reaction was “Why?” All of my content was clean, professional, original and non-sales.

The next move was actually from my assistant, Brenda. She jumped into action and requested a review by the powers who controlled the shut down. Smart lady. She took positive constructive action. No blame, no pity party, just proactive action.

It does help to have a partner who is cool under fire. We each have times when it helps to have someone in our corner. Not someone to join in dragging you both down, but someone to shed support and encouragement. You want to surround yourself with other people who are of the same positive mindset as you are. You also want to surround yourself with people with high goals and the absolute focus to achieve those goals. Choose action-oriented friends.

I had to have a serious heart to heart talk with my thoughts and refocus totally on the positive. Yes, I had a few minutes of “oh, no.” A few minutes are only acceptable if you limit it to a few minutes. Then get your act together and focus on what you can do to find a solution. Don’t rely on others to do it for you. This is your business. This is your life. You are responsible for your results.

You have total control of your own mind. It does not happen by accident. You must take control of your thoughts, your words, and your actions.

It really is all in your own mind. It really is in your own control.

Life happens. This is not a fairy land of unicorns and rainbows, this is real life. How you respond to the situations of life will determine your results.

No comments:

Post a Comment